Hi y’all! Well, January flew by and I cannot believe it’s February!! Wow, 2016 is already going by too fast!! This past week Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, which means Spring will come early! I am one happy girl, and who doesn’t love Springtime, warm weather, and beautiful flowers!? With March and April fast approaching, weddings season will officially begin as well as bridal portrait sessions! Bridal sessions are an important tradition here in North Carolina, and today on the blog I thought I would share some tips, advice, and what you can expect the day of your bridal session! Bridal sessions are a wonderful way to have a practice or trial run for your wedding day! Sessions are usually scheduled 5 to 6 weeks before your wedding date and at your location of choice. If you would like location suggestions, just ask!! I love finding new romantic, amazing spots!
- Do plan ahead!!! Make sure you have enough time to have your hair and makeup done prior to your session time! If you aren’t sure about the timeframe, ask me! I love organizing and scheduling! I am here to help in anyway I can! Your bridal session will give you the chance to work with me as well as your fabulous hair & makeup artist!
- Do bring a friend, your mom, or your sister in law with you to your session to help carry your train, flowers, or just to have someone their to enjoy the day with and have FUN! I’ve even had brides bring champagne!! How fun is that?
- Do bring touchup makeup with you, especially lip gloss or lipstick!
- Do bring your dress, of course! Also, if you would like your veil, jewelry, etc…don’t forget those! Most brides will also have a bouquet made to match or be similar to the one they will carry on their wedding day. This also gives you a chance to work with your florist and get a sneak peek of your bouquet for your wedding day!
- Do bring your wedding shoes, but I would suggest to wear comfy shoes to walk around in and that way your wedding shoes do not get scuffed up!
- Do plan to have your dress cleaned or at least steamed after your bridal session. I do my best to keep your dress as clean as possible, but let’s face it, things happen when you are outdoors! Bring a white sheet with you to protect your dress from dirt and grass.
- Do eat a meal earlier in the day before your bridal session, and bring something to drink with you, whether it be a water bottle or champagne! Snacks are always a good idea too!
- Do expect your bridal session to last 1 1/2 hours!
- Do plan on having a relaxing session with a lot of FUN! What’s better than playing dress up before your wedding day?